Yesterday I was not even remotely surprised to hear that yet another model has come forward with allegations of abuse from beloved celebrity photographer/ fashion institution, Terry Richardson. (TW: Terry Richardson) I’ve lost count of the number of models who have said that Terry has sexually harassed them and acted inappropriately towards them. He is a known predator who shows no sign of stopping his ways, this all on top of a photography “style” that relies on objectifying and degrading women. His treatment of female models isn’t exactly new, and there have been plenty of calls for him to be stopped before. We can sign a million change.org petitions, but Terry Richardson just won’t fucking die.
Here’s the problem: normal people like us just don’t hire big name fashion photographers. We don’t have magazines to publish, ads to sell, or movies/singles to promote. We simply aren’t the ones who keep him in business. So, I propose instead of just making a fuss online, we put our money where our mouse is. Terry does a spread in your magazine, we’re not gonna buy it. Terry shoots your ad campaign, we’re not gonna buy it. Terry directs your music video, we’re not gonna watch it. I call for a boycott of anyone who hires Terry Richardson. From now on, you hire him, we stop spending money on you.
This is gonna be hard, considering that a lot of our favorites out there work with Terry, including the queen Beyoncé. We’re gonna have to skip issues of our favorite mags, miss out on concerts, turn off our favorite TV shows, and ignore things we would otherwise really, really, really want to take part of, all because someone involved agreed to work with Terry. But this is the only way we the low-level consumers can stand up to this monster.
Spread the word. Send letters, emails, tweets, write it on the fucking sidewalk with chalk, #NoMoreTerry. http://nomoreterry.tumblr.com/
START OF 2014 GIVEAWAY.
(MY URL HAS CHANGED BROM BREAKING-DEXTER TO MUTUALIZE)
The reason i am giving this iPhone 5s away is that i already have one, and my aunt gave this one to me for christmas. She told me that i didn’t have to give it back to her either. The reason i haven’t sold this is that I come from a wealthy family and do not need the money. We have too many things in our house cluttering it up and this is one of them, i’m moving out soon and I’ve already talked to my mum about me giving it away, and she doesn’t mind. Anyway, who doesn’t like free stuff?
Here’s how this will work:
- You have to be following me. I am checking who is following, and the winner will be re-drawn if they aren’t following me.
- Likes do not count for anything, only reblogs will count. You can reblog this as many times as you’d like. Do not create any extra blogs or whatever, I will be looking on your archives. you can also like the post as a bookmark, but likes will not be counted.
- Winner will be chosen like as if it were a raffle drawing. And will be contacted via ask, so make sure that you have that on/open.
- You have until March 17th, 2014 to reblog this post. a winner (at random, using a generator) and then message them. If the winner doesnt reply within a week then I will choose different. I will post the URL on my blog too
- This giveaway will be shipped to anywhere in the world, I will be paying for shipping so don’t worry guys. Good luck!
- iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey. ($800-$900)
- Wall and USB charger
- 2 iPhone 5 cases
- Original box
Ends on March 17th 2014
—- REMEMBER, you must follow ME for your entry to count. —-
I am hosting a few other giveaways on my blog. And also, if you’d like to learn how to make some extra cash by testing out apps on your smartphone, click here and read the post. It will make you happy even if you dont win xx
Good luck and stay lovely!
(just remember that i am no longer ‘breaking-dexter’ i am ‘mutualize’)
Real Christians are legitimately good people.
seeing people spread real Christianity makes me so happy.